We recognise that our day to day activities impact on the environment. We wish to minimise any harmful impacts wherever and whenever practicable, and will work to secure business benefit from environmental protection across all our operations worldwide.
Capita is committed to the prevention of pollution and will work to minimise the impact of its operations worldwide through a continuous improvement program.
In particular, we will:
- Comply with all relevant existing environmental legislation and other requirements.
- Reduce harmful emissions wherever practicable.
- Seek to reduce consumption of materials in our operations and promote recycling.
- Manage energy and water usage wisely in all our operations.
- Incorporate environmental considerations into the procurement of goods and services where practicable.
To achieve these we will:
- Set environmental objectives based on the significant environmental aspects identified within the business, and allocate sufficient management resources to ensure effective implementation of the policy.
- Communicate this policy to all employees and those working on our behalf.
- Measure, monitor and report on our environmental performance and progress against objectives on an annual basis.
- Review our policy on a regular basis to take account of new developments in environmental management and legislation.
- Perform periodic audits of our activities to ensure compliance with company requirements, legislation and policy requirements.
- Ensure employees are given training appropriate to their responsibilities.
Capita recognises that the effective implementation of the policy represents an opportunity to improve the performance of the Group by reducing environmental risks and impacts, and increasing the efficiency of our operations.